Tuesday, July 19, 2011

William's Birthday Cake

Let's get the ball rolling! A word of explanation, first: when it says it's Kenyon writing, it's actually Angeli, being too lazy to log in to my own, unused google account.

"Hello, I want to show you my monkey cake," says William. "This cake was for my fourth birthday. 4. My birthday is December 27th. I like to eat it with Scott, my cousin."



"Ears on my monkey cake! [My cake tasted] best, better, and good! [It was] chocolate [with banana filling]."

Thanks, William! I got the idea from ourbestbites.com, a cooking blog run by a gal in Britanie's ward. I used a regular cake mix, but added a cup of mashed bananas and made a banana pudding filling (recipe via cakes.com or some such). And William liked it enough to want to share a picture of it with all of you. And now William wants me to write my best joke so you'll all laugh. I think that's a tall order, but here's a marginally related classic:

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Banana!
Banana who?

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Banana!
Banana who?

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Orange!
Orange who?
Orange you glad I didn't say banana again?

2 comments: