Aunt Rindy mentioned using the blog as a place to share recipes, which I think is a fun idea. We've finally had some hotter weather hit here, and I recently made - and remembered how much I like - my sister-in-law's version of taco salad:
Whisk together, then chill:
1 C. Mayo
1 C. Milk
1 packet (1/4 C) taco seasoning
Then, wash/chop/prep/toss the following:
1 head of romaine
2-4 tomatoes
1 large onion
2 (or more) avocados
1 C. shredded cheddar
1 can olives, sliced
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (OR 1 lb cooked ground beef)
Right before serving toss with dressing and crumbled nacho cheese Doritos. It's quick, tasty, makes a ton, and requires no cooking on a hot summer day. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!
Ang
how about an 'and / or' for the ground beef? i like the combination of beans and meat.
ReplyDelete